Towson AAUP Crab Fest & Bull Roast a "Memberable"
The First Annual Towson AAUP / Faculty Association
Membership drive event, held at Auburn House Pavilion, was an evening
of smooth music, flowing drinks, and awesome food.
Terrorism versus Academic Freedom
A national AAUP official has warned Maryland academics
of an “awful situation” that could develop concerning
academic freedom should terrorist attacks similar to that of “9/11”
Membership grows, but needs your help
Our local chapter membership is growing! We have
nearly 100 members already this year (Last year Towson’s AAUP
chapter topped 100 for the first time in years). We have many new
members—especially new faculty—who have become a part
of our organization for the first time this year. But this is only
the beginning of the growth we should have.
Editorial: Using all our Faculties
Departing AAUP Secretary and Newsletter Editor
marks the re-emergence of the Towson AAUP / Faculty Association,
and states that it takes a collective effort to ensure that faculty
rights are defended.
Executive Reports, Committee Reports, Meeting
Minutes, University-Wide news, and other stories can be accessed
using the navigation panel at the left.
Your Faculty at Work:
- Jim Anthony (Music), COFAC
- Doug Ross (Management), CBE
- Alex Storrs (Physics), FCMHS
- Sharon Buchbinder (Health Science), CHP
- Barbara Laster (Reading), COE
- John McLucas (Foreign Languages) or Jennifer
Ballengee (English), CLA.
- Committee on Contingent Faculty: Julie Reiser
- Committee on the Status of Women: Ayse Dayi
(Women’s Studies) and Leticia Romo (Foreign Languages)
- Junior Faculty Committee: Matt Durington (Sociology,
Anthropology,and Criminal Justice)
- Faculty Grievance Committe: Nicole Dombrowski