The Preparing for Public Education in the 21st Century: Signature Forums speaker series
focuses on providing Maryland’s education leaders, parents, teachers, and policy makers
with access to the newest information and research on current and pertinent education
These forums provide a unique opportunity for education stakeholders to interact with
national experts at the top of their field and access to the most up-to-date research
for teacher preparation.
The topics discussed in the speaker series represent the newest thinking in education
for the 21st century, as well as important research that should be applied to education settings.
Anticipated topics to be covered in the future include, but are not limited to:
- teacher and leader preparation,
- innovation in teaching and learning,
- neuroscience of learning,
- science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education,
- the advancement of early childhood education,
- effective use of technology in the classroom.
The Signature Forums are free to attend and open to everyone, although registration
is required. Educators, school administrators, and policy makers are encouraged to attend.