Congratulations, graduates! Here you will find everything you need to know about Commencement.
Graduating from college is a major milestone and commencement day is a time when graduates, their family, guests, and the campus community celebrate years of hard work and perseverance.
Commencement ceremonies occur twice a year and students are invited to participate in the college ceremony in which their degree program falls. Six ceremonies are held at the end of the spring semester and three ceremonies are held at the end of the fall semester (two colleges are combined for each ceremony in December). All ceremonies take place in the SECU Arena.
New Security Procedures
As a special reminder, please refer to the 'Ceremony Policies & Regulations' page for information about bag checks and the new security procedures for graduates and guests.
Winter 2016 Commencement Ceremonies
Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2016
- 10 a.m. — Fisher College of Science and Mathematics and College of Liberal Arts
- 3 p.m. — College of Education and College of Fine Arts and Communication
Thursday, Dec. 22, 2016
- 10 a.m. — College of Health Professions and College of Business and Economics
Spring 2017 Commencement Ceremonies
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- 10 a.m. — College of Business and Economics
- 3 p.m. — College of Health Professions
Thursday, May 25, 2017
- 10 a.m. — Fisher College of Science and Mathematics
- 3 p.m. — College of Liberal Arts
Friday, May 26, 2017
- 10 a.m. — College of Education
- 3 p.m. — College of Fine Arts and Communications
From the Archives
Are you curious what commencement was like for graduates from Towson University's 150-year history? Find out more by exploring the University Archives. The University Archives contains programs from the ceremonies from 1866 to 1987.