Congratulations, graduates! Here you will find everything you need to know about Commencement.
Graduating from college is a major milestone and commencement day is a time when graduates, their family, guests, and the campus community celebrate years of hard work and perseverance.
Commencement ceremonies occur twice a year and students are invited to participate in the college ceremony in which their degree program falls. Six ceremonies are held at the end of the spring semester and three ceremonies are held at the end of the fall semester (two colleges are combined for each ceremony in December). All ceremonies take place in the SECU Arena.
Spring 2017 Commencement Ceremonies
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- 10 a.m. — College of Business & Economics (University Commencement)
- 3 p.m. — College of Health Professions
Thursday, May 25, 2017
- 10 a.m. — Fisher College of Science & Mathematics
- 3 p.m. — College of Liberal Arts
Friday, May 26, 2017
- 10 a.m. — College of Education
- 3 p.m. — College of Fine Arts & Communication
WINTER 2017 COMMENCEMENT CEREMONIES
Wednesday, December 20, 2017
- 10 a.m. — College of Education & College of Fine Arts and Communication
- 3 p.m. — College of Business and Economics & College of Health Professions
Thursday, December 21, 2017
- 10 a.m. — Fisher College of Science and Mathematics & College of Liberal Arts
2016 Winter Commencement Ceremonies
View YouTube videos of the 2016 Winter Commencement ceremonies:
- Fisher College of Science and Mathematics and College of Liberal Arts
- College of Education and College of Fine Arts and Communication
- College of Business and Economics and College of Health Professions
From the Archives
Are you curious what commencement was like for graduates from Towson University's 150-year history? Find out more by exploring the University Archives. The University Archives contains programs from the ceremonies from 1866 to 1987.