Towson University’s International Partnerships Office plans and coordinates customized short-term international programs throughout the year, bringing students, teachers, principals and administrators, faculty, staff and business professionals from overseas institutions and governments to Towson University for educational training and cultural learning experiences.
Our customized programs feature:
- Educational exchange at one of America’s best regional public universities – consistently ranked among U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges.
- Professional training in a variety of academic disciplines (65 undergraduate programs, 47 master’s programs, and five doctoral programs)
- Cultural immersion opportunities to enhance knowledge about the U.S. culture
- Flexible dates and duration (We can accommodate programs that fit your academic calendar,
from several days to several months)
Ideal location in the Northeastern United States (approximately 15 minutes from Baltimore City, 1 hour from Washington, D.C., 1.5 hours from Philadelphia, and 3 hours from New York City)
- Variety of field trip offerings to important sites in the greater Baltimore/Washington area
- Comprehensive schedules that maximize your time in the United States
- Community partnerships with public and private organizations throughout Maryland
- Tailored price based on program customization
Professional, on-site support throughout the duration of the program
- Comfortable and safe accommodations on campus in university housing or the Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel, winner of the 2012 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence
Short-term programs offer great diversity in content, ranging from English language learning and/or specialized lessons in a particular discipline while on-campus, and off-campus educational and cultural learning at local schools, agencies and institutions.
Here are a few examples of customized short-term certificate programs:
- Business in America – for business professionals at international organizations doing business in and with the United States
- Cybersecurity Seminar- for professionals in the field of computer and information sciences to gain valuable insight on cyber defense through intensive workshops, hands-on training modules and industry-specific site visits. Towson University has been designated as a Center of Excellence in Information Assurance Education by the National Security Agency (NSA) and has received NSA certification as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations (one of 13 in the nation).
- ESL Teacher Training - for English as Second Language instructors to further develop their professional careers. Program includes pedagogical theory, observation, reflection, practice & mentorship
- Exploring K-12 and Higher Education in the United States – for principals, teachers, and administrators to gain better understanding of primary, secondary, and higher education in the United States (Maryland's public school system has been ranked best in the nation by Education Week for the past five consecutive years. TU's College of Education is the oldest, largest and preeminent producer of teachers in the state of Maryland. Across the nation, thousands of educators trained at Towson University are now at the head of the class.)
- Summer in Maryland / Winter in Maryland – an English language and culture immersion program for those who desire to earn academic credit while improving English competency and experience U.S. culture firsthand.
- Supply Chain & Logistics Management Seminar - for professionals from public or private sector to further develop problem solving and techniques, obtain U.S. and global industry perspective updates and learn best practice first-hand from industry-leading professionals. Program offers robust & highly interactive curricular design.
- TOEFL Test Prep – for students who wish to improve performance on the iBT TOEFL examination.
- Pathways to U.S. Higher Education – for prospective students to experience higher education in the Northeastern U.S., including but not limited to observation classes, ESOL instruction, regional campus visits, and exposure to U.S. customs and culture.
Interested in Learning More?
Please feel free to send us an e-mail expressing your interest, and if possible, specify the program of your choice. Alternatively, you may fill out a program inquiry form. After reviewing your request, a representative will contact you to design a customized program to meet your needs.
Scott Pierson, Director
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com