Towson University offers its faculty and staff five non-credit certificate programs to help focus and structure your professional development on campus.
The following three certificates include a blend of both traditional instructor-led workshops as well as eLearning workshops using TEC. These certificates are designed so they can be completed within a two-year time span. Click on the links below to learn more about each certificate.
- Workplace Professional Certificate (geared towards developing the skills of our support staff)
- Management & Supervision Certificate (geared towards those new to or interested in moving into management)
- Leadership Certificate (geared towards those new to or interested in moving into a leadership role)
The fourth certificate, the University Business Certificate, is designed for University employees responsible for business functions. With University experts leading the discussions, these workshops are designed to increase your knowledge and efficiency on the job, while answering common questions and creating an opportunity for increased workplace communication. This certificate is designed to be completed in an eighteen-month time span. Click on the link below to learn more about this certificate.
- University Business Certificate (designed for University employees responsible for business functions)
The fifth certificate, the Financial Knowledge Certificate, is designed for faculty and staff who want to learn more about a variety of financial topics. It is offered in partnership with our on-campus banking partner, PNC Bank.
- Financial Knowledge Certificate ( for faculty and staff who want to learn more about a variety of financial topics)
Please let the Training and Development unit know that you are working on completing a certificate by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If pursuing multiple certificates, different electives must be chosen - they do not carry over. Core (required) courses will carry over for multiple certificates.
Note: It is your responsibility to notify Training & Development when you believe a certificate or competency focus has been completed.
These opportunities combine mostly eLearning workshops using TEC. They are designed to be completed according to the participant's schedule. Click on the links below to learn more about each focus.
- Customer Service (all eLearning/online)
- New Supervisor (all eLearning/online)
- Performance Management (blended approach)
- Essential Skills for Administrative Support Professionals (all eLearning/online)
-Building an Environment for Employee Development