On behalf of the entire Office of Human Resources (OHR), welcome to Towson University! As a premier comprehensive university, Towson is nationally recognized for excellent undergraduate and graduate programs and is the second largest institution in the University of Maryland.
This site contains information that will be helpful as you begin your employment here. Please take a few moments to browse through the links below. By doing so, you will discover important information that will help you get connected to the campus community and improve your success. Bookmark it and come back to it as often as needed.
Again, welcome and best wishes for a long and rewarding association.
Phillip Ross III
Associate Vice President
Office of Human Resources
Before Your First Day
1) Complete the New Hire Paperwork and bring it with you to Connections, your new hire orientation
2) Become familiar with your Benefits and Retirement Options:
- For Regular Exempt Faculty and Staff:
- Choosing a Retirement Program
- State Retirement and Pension System
- Fidelity Investments
- State of Maryland Health Benefits
3) Get to know your campus by taking a tour from your computer:
4) Learn about Towson University:
* Complete this crossword puzzle and bring it with you to Connections to be entered into a
drawing for a FREE TU mug. Review the History presentation and other links above for
On Your First Day
1) Attend Connections, your new hire orientation to Towson University
- Orientation Agenda
- Lunch will be provided during Connections. We offer your choose of three wraps; Southwestern Chicken with Cheddar, Turkey, Bacon, & Cheddar, or Roasted Vegetable (vegan) along with chips, pickles, water, and a variety of sodas and cookies.
- If you have a special dietary requirement or food allergy, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can try to accommodate your needs.
- You may also bring in food items that you prepared if that is more comfortable with you. Please contact Debbie Phillips, at email@example.com or at 410-704-6012 by the Monday before your orientation with requests or questions.
2) Pick up your TU One Card and Parking Permit at the University Union
3) If required, schedule a fingerprinting appointment with the Office of Human Resources.
4) If possible, meet with your Supervisor or Chairperson after Connections
During Your First Week
1) Review and complete the these checklists:
2) Sign up for Text Message Alerts:
3) Activate your Faculty/Staff TU Account and set up your Phone
4) Learn about training and development opportunities offered by:
Before Thirty Days
Learn more about Towson University:
- Organizational Charts by Division:
Before Sixty Days
Complete and review:
Before Ninety Days (Non-Exempt Staff)
- Access the Non-Exempt form by logging into the Forms Repository with your Towson NetID and password. Go to the Human Resources Forms section
Before Your First Year (Exempt Staff)
- Access the Exempt form by logging into the Forms Repository with your Towson NetID and password. Go to the Human Resources Forms section