SCS experience noted on your resume can demonstrate to potential employers your helpful nature and your proficiency with technology.
SCS now has three Lab & Service Desk locations:
- Cook, Rm. 35
- Towson Run, Rm. 123
- Towson University Northeastern Maryland, Rm. 206 (staffed by a mixture of HCC & TU students)
SCS staff members assist students in various ways, including:
- Answering questions and demonstrating operations in the Computing Lab
- Solving laptop and mobile device problems for students who walk up to the desk
- Responding to NetID questions in the form of email sent by students
- Answering SCS telephones and assisting callers
- Performing routine maintenance on Lab and Learning Center hardware
- Reserving Lab and Learning Center resources for students
- Helping students print posters on the SCS large-format printer
- and more!
Before applying for a position with SCS, review the TU Student Employment Policies and click on Eligibility Requirements to verify that you qualify for employment. You might also find it useful to review the SCS Student Employment Process.
To apply for a student position with SCS, do the following:
- Click the Apply Online button below to open the SCS Online Application Form. If you are unable to provide answers to any of the questions, consider printing the form. In this way, you can collect and compose your responses offline for subsequent copying and pasting into the online form.
- When you are ready, complete and submit an online application.
If there are no positions available at the time you apply, we will hold your application—unless you request otherwise—and contact you when an opportunity does arise. As you might expect, we do most of our hiring in January and August.