About TU


University Accounting - 1099 Information

Federal 1099 reports are informational forms to be filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), with a copy to the taxpaper. They report certain types of compensation paid to individuals, sole proprietors, and partnerships as defined by IRS regulations.

  1. Who receives a 1099?
    • Any person that is not a regular or contingent employee of the university receiving $600 or more during a calendar year for services provided to the university.
    • Any Towson University employee receiving $600 or more during a calendar year for performing services for the university completely unrelated to their normal work function.

  2. Who do I contact if I think my 1099 is incorrect?

    Contact Jessica Todd Loetz, Financial Services Department

    By phone: 410-704-5110  or e-mail: jtodd@towson.edu


  3. Who issues the 1099?

    The university provides details to the State's General Accounting Division (GAD) and GAD issues the 1099.






University Police

Closings & News
410-704-NEWS (6397)

Text Alerts
Sign up now