Invoices received initially by Accounts Payable are routed to the department through the Image Now System or e-mail to be coded, approved and signed to authorize the payment.
- Make sure the invoice belongs to your department. If it does not, please route it back to the Accounts Payable Office.
that the goods/services have been received and that the billing
amount is correct.
- Call the vendor if you note any discrepancies.
- If settling a discrepancy will cause a delay in processing the invoice, indicate the issue on the invoice or attach appropriate documentation and indicate approximate date of resolution.
the invoice is 'ok to pay', complete
the Invoice Coding Block label that
has been applied by the Accounts Payable Office.
- Have the coding block signed by an "authorized signature" - two are required if the amount is $50.00 or greater.
- Route or return the invoice to Accounts Payable through Image Now, campus mail, e-mail, or hand deliver.
- Last, keep a copy for your records for three years for audit requirements.
Turn Around Timeframe: All invoices must be handled promptly. The Invoice Process Overview outlines the necessary steps. Timely payment of vendor payments is a high priority of the State Comptroller's Office who, along with USM monitor and report late invoice statistics. Delayed payments are closely reviewed and agencies are held accountable for late payments exceeding 1% of total volume processed. The State Comptroller's Office requires that invoices are processed and transmitted to the State for payment within 25 calendar days, resulting in a very tight 5-day turn around timeframe between Accounts Payable and the campus departments.
For assistance, contact the Financial Services Help Line: 410-704-5599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org