Invoices received by Accounts Payable are faxed to the department to be coded and signed to authorize the payment.
make sure that you can read the faxed copy.
If not, call the Financial Services Help Line, 410-704-5599.
- Verify that the invoice belongs to your department. If not, Fax it back (x4491) to the Accounts Payable Office.
the invoice is ok to pay:
that the goods/services have been received and that the billing
amount is correct.
- Call the vendor if you note any discrepancies.
- If settling a discrepancy will cause a delay in processing the invoice, call the Financial Services Help Line with an explanation. A notation will be placed on the Accounts Payable file copy indicating the invoice is being disputed.
- If the invoice is "ok to pay" complete the coding block label that has been applied by the Accounts Payable Office.
- See Completing the Invoice Coding Block
- Have the coding block signed by an "authorized signature" - two are required if the amount is $50.00 or greater.
- Fax (x4491) the completed invoice to Accounts Payable.
- Last, keep a copy for your records. Retain records for three years for audit requirements.
- Verify that the goods/services have been received and that the billing amount is correct.
If you need assistance, contact the Financial Services Help Line, 410-704-5599.