If an invoice is received in the department directly from a vendor, it is critical that the invoice be forwarded to Accounts Payable as soon as possible;
verify that the invoice belongs to your department.
If it is not yours, Mail it to the Accounts Payable Office.
the invoice belongs to your department:
- Date stamp the invoice
- Verify that the goods/services have been recieved and that the billing amount is correct - call the vendor if you note any discrepancies.
- If the invoice is "ok to pay" apply a coding block label - call 4-5599 if you need a supply of coding blocks.
- Complete the coding block.
- See Completing the Invoice Coding Block
- Have the coding block signed by an "authorized signature" - two is required if the amount is $50.00 or greater.
- Mail the original and one copy of the invoice to Accounts Payable.
- Last, keep a copy for your records. Retain records for three years for audit requirements.
If you need assistance, contact the Financial Services Help Line: 410-704-5599