About TU


Direct Vendor Invoicing

Departments may use their spending authority to purchase good or services valued at $5000 or less directly from a vendor and have an invoice sent to Accounts Payable, if the vendor does not accept the University VISA Procurement Card. The vendor must be given the department name and the department or grant number to be charged and must be instructed to send the invoice directly to the Accounts Payable Office.

If the department receives an invoice directly from a vendor, it is critical that the invoice be forwarded to Accounts Payable as quickly as possible.  Apply a date stamp, apply and complete a coding block, obtain appropriate signatures and submit to Accounts Payable.  Or, send the original invoice to Accounts Payable and request that it be added to the Image Now workflow for approvals.

Call the vendor immediately for disputed invoices. Fully document any invoice dispute by making note of the reason for the dispute and the potential date of resolution on the invoice and submit to Accounts Payable.

Departments have 5 days from the day they receive an invoice to approve and return to Accounts Payable for processing.  Going over the 5 days could cause the invoice to become late, afecting the university's delayed invoice rate. Assign someone to backup the individual primarily responsible for processing and approving invoices so invoices do not lay in a mailbox when someone is out of the office.

Retain a copy of the invoice for your records for three years for audit requirements. If the invoice does not belong to your department, return/forward the invoice to Accounts Payable immediately.


For assistance, contact the Financial Services Help Line: 410-704-5599 or email ap@towson.edu





University Police

Closings & News
410-704-NEWS (6397)

Text Alerts
Sign up now