About TU


Petty Cash Reimbursements

Reimbursement requests of amounts under $100.00 are considered "petty cash" and are reviewed by the Accounts Payable Office and then paid in cash or by check.

Employees who frequently file petty cash requests should hold their receipts until they total on or around $100 or the oldest receipt is one month old, which ever comes first. Then consolidate all of your receipts into one voucher (if possible). There is no need to submit a separate voucher for each receipt.

Complete the Miscellaneous Expense Voucher form for non-travel related expenses. For interactive forms that can be completed on your PC, see our Forms Directory. You must select one of the following options on the Expense Voucher

  • Pick up Petty Cash at the Payroll Office Service Window in the Administration Building.
  • Pick up Petty Cash at the Bursar's Office Payment and Rebate Check Distribution Center in the Enrollment Services Building, Room 336.
  • Have check mailed to employee's home address from State Treasurer's Office in Annapolis; or, if the employee receives payroll funds by direct deposit, the petty cash reimbursement will also be received by direct deposit.

Attach supporting documentation such as original store receipts; parking garage receipts, etc. Mail original and a photocopy of all documents to the Accounts Payable Office in Financial Services. Important: Keep a copy for your records.

If you elect to pick up cash at one of the sites, you will be notified by telephone or e-mail when your petty cash request has been processed and is ready for pick up.

Contact Financial Services Help Line at 410-704-5599




University Police

Closings & News
410-704-NEWS (6397)

Text Alerts
Sign up now