NOT to use an Interdepartmental Request:
An interdepartmental request is NOT to be used for Budget/Appropriation Transfers or for charges that belong on non-departmental requests.
to submit an Interdepartmental Request?
Interdepartmental requests are submitted as online journals via spreadsheet journal import.
An authorized signer from the department that originates the request notifies via email an authorized signer from the department receiving the request in order to review the charges, establish the PeopleSoft speed types and accounts to be used, and obtain approval.
The department originating the request creates and submits the journal for processing and ensure that the following information is included:
- Journal Posting Date
- Journal source must be INT (Interdepartmental)
- Journal Header Description stating original date and Specific Detailed Description of item or service
- Five-digit department or seven-digit project code for each department being credited/charged
- The appropriate six-digit account number for each department being credited/charged
- Amount(s) for each item or service
- The initiative value for each transaction being credited or charged, if applicable
- A description for each item being credited/charged
The department originating the request sends the email approval to the PeopleSoft Financials Team at email@example.com along with the supporting documentation and notification that the journal was uploaded. So the email can be easily identified, use the wording “Interdepartmental Request” in the subject section.
It is crucial to retain records. Both the charged and the credited departments need to retain records/copies of the transaction for two reasons. First, the auditors may ask you to verify by producing your records. Second, compare your records/copies against the monthly budget report to verify any items posted to your department.
Credit Requests. If you have inadvertently billed a department incorrectly on an interdepartmental request, you must submit a new Interdepartmental request journal to correct the entry. Note the journal number of the original request in the detailed description.
Submit the journal to the PeopleSoft Financials Team in Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Locating appropriate expenditure accounts. There are 14 different major groups of expenditure accounts that can be used to break down each type of expenditure into the appropriate category within your Department's budget.
- Review the Listing of PeopleSoft Accounts.
For individual training, please email: email@example.com
For questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 4-3994