1. If you are hiring a new employee:
- You as the Hiring Department must send the new employee to the Office of Human Resources (OHR) to complete the Federal Government's Immigration & Naturalization Services Form I-9.
- Each new employee must provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.
- It is a federal mandate that each new employee must complete this process with OHR prior to start of employment.
- Complete the 311T form, (Special Payments Payroll Authorization) for Payroll Office
2. OHR: Verification of Employment & Eligibility - I-9 Process:
- Instructions for the I-9 Process and a list of acceptable identification documents can be found at http://www.uscis.gov/i-9 or obtain this information from OHR.
- Report to OHR during scheduled hours
with original documents (copies are not acceptable).
OHR will establish eligibility and instruct you further on the employment
process. Any change in immigration status or work authorization must
be communicated to OHR prior to the expiration date of the document(s).
- OHR will process I-9 forms
- OHR is located on the first floor of the Administration Building.
3. Student Financial Services:
- Bring the completed 311T Form and Tax Residency Status Form (received from OHR) to the Student Financial Services on the 4th floor of the Administration Building
- See the student employee orientation checklist for more information.