About TU


W2 Wage and Tax Statement

W2 Wage and Tax Statements are prepared and mailed by the Central Payroll Bureau in Annapolis, usually in mid-January. If not received by end of January, the W2 can be printed using the Payroll Online Service Center (POSC).

Still need help acquiring a replacement W2? Contact:

  • Financial Services Help Line at 410-704-5599 or finservehelp@towson.edu
  • Central Payroll Bureau in Annapolis: 410-260-7964

Understanding your W2:

Compare the year-end pay stub information to the W2 statement.  Year-end pay stubs show actual earnings paid in the calendar year.  The W2 reports only taxable earnings.  Taxable earnings are reduced by any pre-tax deductions, such as health insurance, supplemental retirement contributions, flexible spending accounts, parking deductions, etc.

If the W2 has an entry labeled "STPICKUP" in box 14 that amount must be entered on line 3 of the Maryland Form 502 or line 19 of Form 505.  The State Pickup amount is the mandatory retirement deductions that are paid during the year that are exempt from federal tax but are subject to Maryland state and local tax.

Need help estimating how withholding or deductions changes will affect your net pay or taxes?

Central Payroll Bureau's Net Pay Calculator can be useful in estimating taxes and net pay.  Have  a copy of the most recent pay stub to enter all pay and deduction information, calculate and compare net pay to the pay stub (could be off by pennies due to rounding). This process can be repeated: make changes, recalculate, and see the net pay difference.




Financial Services

Administration Building, 4th Floor

Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Financial Services Fax Numbers

Financial Services HelpLine: 410-704-5599

Email: finservehelp@towson.edu




University Police

Closings & News
410-704-NEWS (6397)

Text Alerts
Sign up now