About TU


Deferment & Cancellation Provisions

If you return to school and are enrolled and in attendance as a regular student in at least a half-time course of study in an institution of higher education, you are eligible to receive a student deferment.  At Towson University this means you must be enrolled in at least six (6) credits.

To apply for a deferment of payments, you must complete a Deferment Request Form for each eligible semester.  Mail the completed form to:

Campus Partners

P.O. Box 2901

Winston-Salem, N.C. 27102-2901

Student deferment forms can be obtained from:

Vicki Shifflett, Perkins Loan Collection Manager

410-704-2212 Voice

410-704-5520 Fax


Your promissory note contains information regarding deferment and cancellation provisions.  Additional information can be obtained from the Federal Perkins Student Loan Fact Sheet (see below) that summarizes the regulations governing the repayment of loan funds.

  • Further information on deferment and cancellation provisions can be obtained by linking to the Campus Partner Web Site www.mycampusloan.com for a selection of downloadable forms:
  • For the Deferment Request Form:

    Click on Downloadable Forms, select Deferment Forms/Forbearance Forms then select

    Federal Perkins Deferment Request

  • For the Fact Sheet:

    Click on Downloadable Forms, select Fact Sheets, Disclosures & Exits, and choose Federal Perkins Student Loan Program Fact Sheet.

  • For the Cancellation Request Form:

    Click on Downloadable Forms, select Cancellation Forms, and choose Federal Perkins Cancellation Request


We welcome your Feedback, Suggestions, Comments





University Police

Closings & News
410-704-NEWS (6397)

Text Alerts
Sign up now