Airline reservations: Travelers are encouraged to make airline reservations in advance via the most direct route and to choose the least expensive logical fare.
- First class fare is not permitted.
- Federally sponsored foreign travel must be booked on U.S. Flag Airlines.
- Be sure to consider and fully understand
the airfare's applicable restrictions, change and cancellation penalties
before accepting the itinerary.
- In the event of changed plans, cancellation and other penalties are reimbursable provided that the cancellation or change was made for the convenience of the University or was necessitated by circumstances of an emergency nature affecting the traveler.
- The State of Maryland provides flight insurance for airline travel, therefore, additional insurance purchased by the traveler will not be reimbursed.
Lodging costs: Every effort should be made to ensure that lodging costs are reasonable and appropriate.
- Any overage above the single room rate, which is the result of non-official travelers utilizing the accommodations, will be the personal responsibility of the traveler.
- Cancellation of lodging reservations will be the responsibility of the traveler. Penalties incurred are reimbursable provided the cancellation was made for the convenience of the University or was necessitated by circumstances of an emergency nature affecting the traveler.
- Business telephone calls charged to the room are reimbursable.
- Baggage handling gratuities of $1.00 per bag are reimbursable.
- Housekeeping gratuities of $1.00 per day are reimbursable.
- In-room pay-per-view movies and other items of a personal nature are not reimbursable.
If you need assistance, contact the Business Travel Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.