ELMO P30HD (Standard)
- The ELMO P30HD is the university's standard document camera, it can show high-quality images and integrate with other ELMO products or a PC. This document camera is the best choice in the majority of classroom installations.
Manufacturers Link: http://www.elmousa.com/p30hd-visual-presenter
- The WolfVision VZ-8plus3 provides a slightly warmer color due to the use of a halogen lamp. In a side by side comparison there was minimal differences in image quality when compared to the standard ELMO P30HD, but it is twice the cost. This document camera is only practical for projects with external funding sources or situations where slight differences in color are vital for teaching, such as an art class.
Manufacturers Link: http://www.wolfvision.com/
- The WolfVision VZ-3 is a competitor to the ELMO document camera mentioned above. It offers a smaller footprint, LED lighting, and easy to use one arm design.
Manufacturers Link: http://www.wolfvision.com/visualizer/index.php/en/desktop-visualizer/vz-3
- The WolfVision EYE-12 is a Ceiling Visualizer that is mounted above a flat surface and allows everything in it's field of vision to be projected. This is ideal for situations that call for large objects to be demonstrated to a class.
Manufacturers Link: http://www.wolfvision.com/wolf/cameras_eye10.html
Panasonic PT-RZ370 (Standard)
- The Panasonic PT-RZ370 is a full HD (1920 x 1080) projector that uses an LED/laser-combined light source. This design requires no lamp replacement or filter cleaning and has a virtually instant on/off time.
Manufacturers Link: http://panasonic.net/avc/projector/products/rz370/
Sanyo PLC-WU3800 (Previous Standard)
- The Sanyo PLC-WU3800 is the university's previous standard projector and meets the needs of most classrooms. It offers WXGA resolutions and 3800 lumens. It also has a small footprint making it portable for mobile installations.
Manufacturers Link: http://us.sanyo.com/Projectors-by-Market-Government-Meeting/PLC-Wu3800
- The PT-EZ580U is a 5,400 lumen WUXGA resolution (1,920 x 1,200) projector that is perfect for large venues or rooms that require more advanced projection capabilities.
Epson BrightLink 450Wi
- The Epson BrightLink 450Wi is an "interactive projector" allowing a pen to be used to control motions and annotations on the screen. The projector is mounted directly above the projection surface so it can fit in many different size rooms. It also has a very low lamp replacement cost.
Manufacturers link: www.epson.com/brightlink
Epson PowerLite Pro Z8000WUNL
- The Epson PowerLite Pro Z8000WUNL features high color output, high lumen output, and WUXGA high definition widescreen resolution. This makes it appropriate for large venues such as large tiered lecture halls, concert halls, theaters, etc.
Panasonic PT-FW300U (LA Phase 1 & 2)
- The Panasonic PT-FW300U has a limited distribution (LA Building only) and its main feature is the auto advance filter, which allows it to run longer without a filter replacement. It is also larger, meaning less chance of theft, and has wireless capabilities (which are not practical in our environment).
Manufacturers link: http://www.panasonic.com/business/projectors/f300/index.asp
Epson PowerLite 1760W Multimedia Projector
- The Epson PowerLite 1760W Multimedia Projector is a small portable ultralight. It is easy to carry since it is the size of a laptop. This is appropriate for situations where a projector is not permanently installed in a room.
- Please inquire
- CyberPad is a notepad that allows for handwritten notes and graphics to be linked to a PC and converts the handwritten notes into digital text.
- Has an optional SD slot to allow for extra storage.
Manufacturers link: http://adesso.com/en/home/tablets/158-cyberpad.html
Promethean ActivBoard +2 Fixed 300 Pro
- The Promethean ActivBoard is an interactive whiteboard with dual user functionality.
Manufacturers link: http://www.prometheanworld.com/server.php?show=nav.16005
SMART Board 685ix
- The SMART Board 685ix is a widescreen interactive whiteboard with an ultra-short-throw projector attached that helps to eliminate shadows, glare and distracting projector light.
Trial sets are available for short-term loans. Allow 3-4 weeks lead time prior to using in class. Using clickers requires the pre-installation of software on faculty member’s office PCs for practice and the installation of software on classroom PCs. We realize there are other clickers on the market from other manufactures. If you would like to explore other options, obtain further information, or reserve one of the kits, please contact Cindy Davis, manager, Classroom Technology, at 410-704-3182 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promethean ActivExpression allows for students to respond in full sentences as well as responding in numbers, symbols, math equations, true/false and others. It interfaces with Promethean Boards; however, text input can be cumbersome since it does not have a full keyboard.
Manufacturers link: http://www.prometheanworld.com/server.php?show=nav.15997
SMART Response XE ASR
- The SMART Response XE ASR has a full QWERTY keyboard to allow for short answer textual responses and interfaces with SMART Podiums and Boards. This May be overkill in situations where only yes/no style feedback is needed.
Turning Technologies RCR-02
- The Turning Technologies RCR-02 has the fewest buttons of the three which leads to a somewhat cumbersome interface.
Dell 19" Widescreen Monitor
- Standard desktop computer monitor
- This optical touch monitor (can use stylus or finger tips) allows for instructors to bring interactivity to their lecture material. With a 22” display it provides a large workspace that makes it easier to engage students with content like videos and images.
Manufacturers link: http://www.viewsonic.com/us/td2220.html
SMART Podium SP524 (Previous Standard)
- The SMART Podium allows for instructors to bring interactivity to their lecture material. With a 24” display it provides a large workspace that makes it easier to engage students with content like videos and images. The SMART Board also integrates seamlessly with the existing technology in classrooms.
- Cost is extreme, $2500+
Manufacturers link: http://smarttech.com/us
- The university standardized on Crestron as the primary audiovisual control system and is currently moving all classrooms onto the university network to allow remote management using Crestron Fusion RV (formerly known as RoomView).
Crestron TSW-752 (Standard)
- The Crestron TSW-752 is a 7" touch screen with an edge-to-edge glass screen for higher durability. It supports the latest "Smart Graphics" from Crestron and has a 800 x 480 screen resolution.
Crestron TPS -6L (Previous Standard)
- The Crestron TPS-6L Touch panel system allows for high-end performance and simple control over a variety of devices. With 12 optional push buttons the Crestron TPS-6L will give fast access to the most commonly used functions in a classroom.
- For rooms without digital Crestron systems, an HDMI extender is needed for long cable runs. We currently use Cables To Go TruLink transmitter/recievers.
Manufacturers link: http://www.cablestogo.com/product/29223
- Wireless presenters are commonly used in classrooms to advance PowerPoint slides without having to walk back to the computer. These are not covered under STF funds. Policies for wireless presenters vary by college so please check with local IT providers, chairpersons, or other college leadership before purchasing one since they may require drivers to be installed on classroom PCs. Funding also varies by department but it is usually up to individual faculty to provide their own. OTS does not support these consumer level devices but recognizes they are important in the overall instructional environment. Wireless presenters are available online and at consumer electronics stores such as Best Buy, Staples, etc.