Towson University Daily Digest
Tips and Training from the Office of Technology Services
Below is a list of our upcoming free training workshops. Scroll down to get this weeks software tip!
January 5 January 20, 2012
Teach w/ Tech: Preparing Your Course for Online Delivery, online, faculty only
Tuesday, January 10
Using Course Design Templates to Develop Your Online or Face-to-Face Course, 9 -10:30 a.m., Cook 404B
VoIP Phone Training via WebEx, 10 11 a.m., online
Emerging Technologies: Capture Your Voice and Screen Action with Ease Using Screencast-O-Matic, 11 a.m. noon, Cook 404B
Wednesday, January 11
Conducting a Meeting Using WebEx (for TU staff), 1:30 2:30 p.m., Admin 424, Staff
Monday, January 16
Word 2010: Formatting the Page, 1:30 2:30 p.m., Cook 3
Wednesday, January 18
Blackboard 101: Plan it and then Create it, 9 10:30 a.m., Cook 404B, Faculty Only
Blackboard: Using Peer Assessment, 11 a.m. 12:30 p.m., Cook 404B, Faculty Only
VoIP Phone Training via WebEx, 1 2 p.m., Online
SOFTWARE TIP OF THE WEEK
Blackboard: Copying a Previous Course for Spring 2012
After your additional spring 2012 course site has been created, you can copy your material from your original site to the new site.
1. Once you are logged into Blackboard, select the course from which you want to copy the material.
2. Click Packages and Utilities in the Control Panel.
3. Click Course Copy from the Packages and Utilities dropdown selection.
4. Select Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course from the Select Copy Type select menu.
5. Click on the Browse button, then click on the Search button and you will see all of your course sites. Click the Select button for the course site to which you would like to copy.
6. Select all of the Content you would like to have transferred over to the new course site but do NOT check the Include Enrollments in the Copy Enrollments.
7. Select if you would like to copy only the links to course files or if you would like to copy the links and content to the new course.
Note: If you store your course files in the My Content Area of the LearnOnline Collection you can choose to only copy the links to course files. If you store the files in the Courses folder in the LearnOnline Collection then you will want to copy the files and the links. When a course is removed from the system (25 months after it is taught) the course files stored in the Courses folder for that course are removed with it.
8. Click the Submit button at the bottom and you will receive an email when material has been copied over.
To sign up for free technology workshops or view additional materials related to software training, visit OTS Training online at http://www.towson.edu/otstraining. You can also contact us directly regarding any software training related issues at email@example.com or 410-704-4070. You can also follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/OTSTraining.
This page was created with the Towson University Daily Digest Publishing System. Applicable policies and procedures may be found here.
Publish from: 1/4/2012 through 01/10/2012
Division: Administration and Finance
Distribution: Faculty/Staff and Students