Baltimore Hebrew Institute Scholarships and FellowshipsBHI is committed to supporting the education of Judaic scholars, educators, and communal professionals who exemplify excellence in their chosen fields. Students enrolled in TU's graduate Judaic Studies and Jewish Professional programs have access to BHI's mid-career fellowship, as well as need- and merit-based scholarship opportunities.
Midcareer Fellowship at
Baltimore Hebrew Institute at Towson University
Merit and Need- Based Scholarship application information and due dates for 2013-2014:
Scholarship awards are determined by the BHI scholarship committee. Need-based scholarships will meet Towson University criteria for need, and will be awarded based on ranking by TU Financial Aid office. Students receiving merit scholarships from BHI must take two or more 3-credit courses per semester. All scholarship recipients are required to help with BHI events, and write thank you letters to donors. Students receiving Merit scholarship must maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
Procedures for applying for scholarship:
• Email requests to email@example.com or mail to Baltimore Hebrew Institute, Towson University, 8000 York Road, Towson, MD 21252.
• Submit a written request to the BHI office explaining your qualifications for a Merit Scholarship.
• File FAFSA with the Towson University Financial Aid office
• Submit a written request to the BHI office explaining any special circumstances that should be considered along with the TU Financial Aid office FAFSA ranking.
• All requests by current students for scholarship for the Fall 2013 school year must be
received in the BHI office by July 15th.
• All requests by new applicants to Towson University’s Judaic Studies graduate programs must be received in the BHI office by the first week of class.
Note: scholarship amounts cannot be assigned until the student has registered for class.
For more information about BHI scholarships, please contact Michelle Taylor (410-704-7118).
For information about FAFSA and Financial Aid/loans, please contact the Financial Aid office