Bikes will be distributed to lottery winners on September 11, 2013, from 12 p.m. - 3 p.m. at the Susuqehanna Patio. Please complete the lottery form below to be entered into the lottery.
About the Program
- Bikes are rented out through a lottery system (complete form below).
- Complete the online registration form below by 5 p.m. on Friday, September 6, 2013, to be entered into the lottery.
- Lottery winners will be notified by email by 6 p.m. on Monday, September 9.
- Lottery winners must pick up their bikes on Wednesday, September 11, between 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. at the Susquehanna Patio. Bikes that are not claimed during this date and time will be put back in the lottery.
- Bikes are free and rented on a semester basis during the fall and spring semesters.
- You will need your TU ID to rent a bike after you have been selected through the lottery.
- You will be required to sign a waiver and contract when renting the bike.
- Bikes must be returned no later than December 2, 2013. Location to be determined.
- Renters are responsible for supplying helmets and locks.
- Any loss or damage will be the responsibility of the renter and will be charged to their bursar's account through the University.
Bike Share History
Towson University rolled out its first bike rental program in the spring of 2012 through the Office of Civic Engagement. In the fall of 2012, Campus Recreation Services joined Civic Engagement in coordinating the program and the rental bike fleet expanded to 35. In the summer of 2013, the program was transferred exclusively to Campus Recreation Services with the program area of Adventure Pursuits overseeing all Towson Bike Share operations.
The program was developed to:
- Offer an alternative mode of transportation that is more affordable and promotes healthy lifestyle choices.
- Educate students about the impact their personal choices have on the environment.
- Build community.
- Promote safety, i.e., biking may be safer at night than walking across campus.
- Provide students a more efficient way to move around campus.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.