Participants will enhance skills, improve techniques and gain confidence with their swimming abilities while working in an individual setting. Participants will work with their instructors to develop an individual plan to meet goals, whether it is learning the basics, developing endurance or perfecting techniques.
All lessons are 30 minutes long.
Only individuals with OneCard access to Burdick Hall and their dependents will be eligible for enrollment.
Packages must be completed within the semester they are purchased.
*All lessons must be used by December 9 or the remainder of lessons will be forfeited.
After reviewing all rules and regulations, please follow the directions below to register for lessons:
- Fill out the Swim Lesson Information Sheet and submit via email by clicking the "Submit by Email" button at the bottom of the document. Please right-click and select "Save Target As" to save the form to your computer. If you are using a Mac, please fill in the form using Adobe Reader and not Preview.
- If the Aquatics staff is able to meet your needs, a member of the staff will email you information about how to register. If lessons are currently waitlisted or we are unable to meet your needs, a member of the staff will inform you by email.
- After receiving registration confirmation:
- An instructor will contact you within five business days to set up your lesson.
- A Liability Waiver and Agreement Form must be filled out at your first lesson. Please contact the Assistant Director of Aquatics at 410-704-2037 if questions arise.
Private Lesson Rules and Regulations
- Only participants with a valid TU OneCard and their dependents are eligible for lesson packages.
- All sessions will be conducted at Burdick Pool by current Campus Recreation staff.
- All lessons will be a maximum of thirty minutes.
- Participants must wear appropriate swimming attire at all times. Appropriate swimming attire consists of material with a lining that covers chest, buttocks and groin for females and buttocks and groin for males. Inappropriate swimming attire consists of baggy, see-through or street clothing such as t-shirts, sweatpants, jeans, sneakers, etc.
- There are no penalties if cancellations are made at least 24 hours in advance. You must contact your instructor directly to cancel lesson.
- Arriving 15 or more minutes late will result in forfeiture of that lesson. Lessons that start late will still end at the scheduled time.
- Lessons that are canceled due to unscheduled facility closures or inclement weather may be rescheduled or refunds may be awarded on a case-by-case basis.
- Lesson packages are non-transferable and non-refundable. Medical conditions which cause a delay in completing purchased sessions may be refunded if a physician's note is provided.
- Lesson packages expire at the end of the semester in which they were purchased.
- Instructors may not accept any additional payment for their services and participants may not accept any free sessions from their instructors.