Welcome to the Towson University Career Center! We are here to help educate and empower students and recent alumni with their career planning and implementation. We partner with employers, alumni, faculty and administrators to enhance career opportunities for TU students. Please contact us if you have any questions.
***Holiday Closing: Towson University and the Career Center will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday and American Indian Heritage Day from Wednesday, November 26 through Friday, November 28. We will resume normal business hours Monday, December 1. ***
Want to work or intern abroad? Are you an international student looking for a job in the United States? Preparing to study abroad? Find 600,000 worldwide job/internship postings, 35 country career guides, searchable H1B Plus database and more. (Login to Hire@TU and click on the Going Global link in the left-hand column)
• Vault You’ll find in-depth industry guides, employer profiles and rankings, videos, job search and educational information here. (Note: The first time you use this resource, you will need to set up a username and password.) Learn how to navigate Vault.com.
• Big Interview Big Interview is an online system that combines training AND practice to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence. Get started today with Big Interview’s ON-DEMAND Interview Training.
• Student Engagement Record The Student Engagement Record is a transcript that showcases the accomplishments, involvement, and experiences you have acquired during your time at TU. Use the Student Engagement Record in applying to jobs or graduate schools, updating your resume, and enhancing your personal brand during interviews.
• Compass Compass is a visual personality assessment that matches you to careers in less than five minutes. A fun and quick first step in finding your career direction. Learn more about Compass or try it today!
• Resources by Major & What Can I Do with This Major?
Wondering what options you have with your major? This comprehensive database of career information will help you start figuring out what you can do with your major. View common career titles, internship and research opportunities, job search Web sites, sample resumes, and relevant professional associations.
• Career Mentor Database Networking with professionals who are working in the fields that interest you is a great way to discover whether a given career is right for you. The Career Mentor Database is a free networking/career mentoring resource available to TU students through Hire@TU. Connect with a career mentor today!
• The Thriving Tiger Blog A collaborative blog to provide ideas and support to enable the success and achievement of the students of Towson University by the Academic Achievement Center, the Career Center, the Counseling Center, the Undergraduate Academic Advising Center and Cook Library.
The Career Center
7800 York Road Building, Suite 206 (map)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Call to schedule an appointment.
Express Hours Fall and Spring Semester: Monday – Thursday, 1 - 4 p.m. (No appointment needed for 15-minute consultation)