Computer Proficiency Exam
Students intending to major in accounting, business administration, e-business, or any combined majors within the College of Business and Economics, are required to complete the CBE Computer Proficiency Exam with a passing grade of at least 70 percent to be admitted to those majors. The exam covers Microsoft Office 2010 software programs Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Steps for taking the CBE Computer Proficiency Exam:
- Register for a scheduled exam date.
- Purchase either the "Test Out" or the "Test and Training" exam access packages.
- Review the exam policies and use the study guides, practice tests and lessons to prepare for the exam.
- Arrive to the exam prepared with your MyITLab login information and TU student ID.
Register for a Scheduled Exam Date
Students must register for an exam date online. Use the drop down box to select your preferred date. Exams take place on Mondays in Stephens Hall 213 from noon to 2 p.m. and Fridays in Stephens Hall 224 from 2 to 4 p.m unless otherwise noted. Students are given two hours to complete the exam.
>> Register for the Computer Proficiency Exam
|Fri, May 31 — noon
||Fri, Jun 7 — noon
|Fri, Jun 21 — noon
||Wed, Jul 10 — noon
|Wed, Jul 17 — noon
||Fri, Aug 9 — noon
|Mon, Aug 12 — noon
||Fri, Aug 16 — noon
|Mon, Aug 19 — noon
||Fri, Aug 23 — noon
Purchase Computer Proficiency Exam Package
Once you have registered for an exam date, purchase an exam access package online. (http://www.pearsoncustom.com/md/tu_myitlab) The exam package must be purchased prior to your exam date. You can purchase the "Test Out" or the "Test and Training" package.
Which package should I purchase?
Test Out: Includes three attempts at the exam and a practice test.
Test and Training: Includes three attempts at the exam, a practice test, lessons, learning modules, e-text and quizzes. (Recommended)
Instructions for purchasing your exam package:
- Go to My IT Lab.
- Click "myitlab Test Out" or "myitlab Test and Training" depending which package you want.
- Select "Purchase Access for Test Out" or "Purchase Access for Test and Training."
- Under "Do You Have a Pearson Education Account:"
If Yes – Fill in your username and password. (TIP: Choosing “Yes” and using your existing account will allow you to use the same username and password you use for your other Pearson products)
If No – Create a username and password per the guidelines provided.
If Not Sure – Enter your email address and click Search.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Upon successful purchase, you will see a confirmation screen and receive a confirmation email. This email will contain your registration number. Please retain your login name and password for future access to the site.
- Close the confirmation screen, and go back to My IT Lab to login.
- When you get to the home screen, go to "Enroll in a Course." Insert the Test Course number. The Test Course number is CRSABMV-225101 and the Test and Training Course number is CRSABBF-227750.
MAC users: For help, use the My IT Lab Mac User Access trouble-shooting link. (http://wps.prenhall.com/bp_myitlab2010_macuser/)
Need more practice? Visit the OTS instructional site for Office 2010.
- There will be a three-hour time limit to complete the exam.
- No outside resources are allowed.
- No-show policy: Students are required to give at least 24 hours notice if they are unable to attend the exam. If a situation arises within the last 24 hours, documentation is required. Students who fail to appear to their scheduled exam will not be able to take another exam until the following semester.
- All exams take place on either Monday from noon till 2 p.m. in Stephens Hall 213 or Friday from 2 to 4 p.m. in Stephens Hall 224.
- Students who do not pass the exam will need to re-take it at a later date.
- At the conclusion of the exam, the score will be given to the student. A grade of 70 percent or higher is required. Exam results take 1-2 business days to be posted into PeopleSoft.
- Exam results will be posted Milestones as "Completed" or "Not Completed." It takes one to two business days for the grades to be posted.
Exam Day Reminders
Students need to bring the following items to their scheduled exam:
- TU student ID
- Their login information