Students entering this program will work with a mentor on these, or similar, research projects. The underlined mentor is the one who will be directly supervising students in each project, however interaction with multiple mentors is likely.
While the project descriptions are highly technical, we want to reiterate that students are not expected to be familiar with the specific topics being discussed. One of our goals is to build that understanding over the course of the program.
- S.M. Lev, R.E. Casey., J.W. Snodgrass
- Influence of road salt on cation exchange and cation storage in stormwater ponds and urban streams.
- R.E. Casey, S.M. Lev, J.W. Snodgrass
- Diet vs. Sediment: Relative importance in trace metal trophic transfer to grazing larval amphibians.
- J.W. Snodgrass, D.R. Ownby, R.E. Casey
- Influence of surface water sodium chloride pollution on trace element bioaccumulation and transfer.
- S.E. Stitzel
- Photo-activated spiropyran imprinted polymers for metal ion detection.