The interdisciplinary studies major and minors provide an opportunity to pursue a program of study that is currently unavailable through any single discipline at Towson University.
The major offers two alternatives: formally designed concentrations and an individually designed thematic option.
The formally designed options, or concentrations, listed below have been created by interdisciplinary faculty committees. Under the formally designed programs, students are advised by either the director of the concentration or by a member of its advisory committee. Students in any major may elect to pursue the interdisciplinary studies minors shown below.
- African and African American Studies minor
- American Studies — IDIS major concentration/minor
- Ancient Mediterranean Studies minor
- Animal Behavior — IDIS major concentration
- Asian Studies — IDIS major concentration/minor
- Business, Communication and the Liberal Arts minor
- Individually Designed Thematic Option major/minor
- Jewish Studies minor
- Latin American and Latino/a Studies IDIS major concentration/minor
Museum Studies minor
- Cultural Studies major/minor
- International Studies major/minor
- Metropolitan Studies major
- Social Sciences major