Your work in the department begins with a vision, not a camera; with a voice, not a microphone. Through your coursework, you will develop a host of capabilities.
- Become a flexible and expressive storyteller able to write and produce in many forms and styles.
- Develop your skills in traditional as well as emerging media technologies.
- As an articulate, critical, and literate citizen, you will broaden your understanding of the history, theory and aesthetics of media.
- Work collaboratively with artists and scholars in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Discover the transformative power of media and its role in responsible civic engagement.
- Gain real-world experiences through internships and service-learning opportunities.
- Participate in a community of enterprising and self-directed individuals to practice creative entrepreneurship.
The department supports and encourages every student to study abroad during their college career. Find out how you can incorporate a study abroad experience into your academic program and pursue coursework in some of the world’s largest media markets.
Gain experience at Towson’s student-run radio and television stations. Sign up for the department’s listserv and learn more about internships, jobs and competitions in the field as you prepare to advance your career.