Here is what the children are saying:
What is the most amazing fact you have learned?
- "That we use a flame thrower to sterilize an inoculating
- "Spinning separates DNA from other particles in a cell."
- "Genetically engineer bacteria" --Sahil
- "PCR is Polomarese chain reaction Bacticinerators can make
an inoculating loop glow orange for a short amount of time."
- "That you can genetically modify something to make a
gene-mixed organism." --Andrew
- "My great grandfather was in the German Calvary. When
he came to America he had to change his name." --Garrett
- "We put the inoculating loops in the Bacticinerator." --
- ""Testing our food/drink for GMOs" --Alicia
What did you learn?
- A BJ is the abbreviation of Bacillus-Thuringiensis. BJ has a toxic
protein in its cells." --Unknown
- "We learned GMO genes and Elisa." --Anders
- "There are 2 ways to experiment with GMO, Elisa or PCR." --Isaac
- "Yesterday I learned what GMOs are. I also learned about why GMOs are
good and bad. My favorite thing was making the gene-mixed animals."
- "We learned about agriculture. We learned about corn. We learned
about the world by exploring." --Sahil
- "I learned that GMOs can be harmful as well as helpful. I thought that
they were always helpful. I also learned that GM crops can have toxins."
- "I learned what a GMO is, genetically modified organism. I learned what
kingdoms are. I learned what the word proponents means - form something or
someone." -- Alicia
- "I learned about each other. I learned roles such as no eating or
drinking in the room. A GMO is a genetically modified organism that can produce
a chemical." -- Garrett