The Council of Diverse Student Organizations (CDSO) was established to promote a stronger sense of shared community. The CDSO also will inform the Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Diversity and the university administration of the needs of under-represented groups, including identification of the challenges such groups encounter. It will also advise the AVP regarding the kinds of programming and services necessary to enhance the intellectual and social life of under-represented students.
The CDSO will meet with the AVP on a regular basis. The group will be comprised of (but not restricted to) students from diverse affinity groups and organizations.
The CDSO seeks to:
• Encourage collaboration and communication between multicultural student organizations
• Enhance the leadership experience for students
• Coordinate and encourage intergroup planning
• Support and promote unity among all students on campus and
• Address the needs of under-represented groups.
The dates and times for FY 2015-16 TBD.
Center for Student Diversity
University Union, Room 313
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.