The Laura Lamb Memorial Scholarship is a $1,000 award open to a full-time or part-time TU undergraduate or graduate student with a disability. Applicants must submit documentation of their disability that meets DSS guidelines. Applicants may be a current TU student or a new, incoming student. The minimum cumulative grade point average must be 2.50 at the school the applicant is currently attending. The recipient may reapply for the scholarship the following year.
DSS will accept applications for the Laura Lamb Memorial Scholarship between January 1 and February 1.
Please contact Robyn McCray with questions at (410) 704-3683 or at email@example.com.
Instructions to apply for the scholarship:
1. Complete the Laura Lamb Scholarship application.
2. Write an essay that is approximately two double-spaced pages in length. Please tell us about your background, important influences in your life, and any achievements of which you are particularly proud. You may also address your education and career goals and how your disability has impacted you.
3. Provide documentation of your disability that is complete and up-to-date. The type of documentation needed depends on the nature of your disability. (Specific "Documentation Guidelines" are provided on the DSS web site.)
4. If you are a new, incoming student you must submit a copy of your admission letter from the TU Admissions Office and a certified transcript from the school you are currently attending.
5. Send the completed Laura Lamb Scholarship application packet to: