The Department of Chemistry at Towson University inspires innovative thinking through excellent teaching and rich research experiences.
Towson University’s chemistry programs prepare students for a range of careers in industry, government and education. They also provide the solid academic foundation needed for graduate study. Find out more about the advantages of studying chemistry at Towson University.
The department offers students:
- research experiences during the academic year and over the summer
- state-of-the-art instrumentation, including a 400 MHz nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectrometer
- highly individualized advising, with detailed four-year degree completion planning, research and internship guidance, and career counseling
- supportive faculty recognized as accomplished teachers, researchers and practicing chemists
- internship opportunities in off-campus work environments, such as chemical companies and government agencies, taking full advantage of Towson’s proximity to Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
- innovative Towson UTeach program, designed so that teachers-in-training can complete a bachelor’s degree and teacher certification coursework in four years
- opportunity for majors to earn certification from the American Chemical Society, widely recognized in industry, government and education as a standard of excellence
Both the undergraduate and graduate programs in forensic science are fully accredited by the Forensic Science Education Programs Accreditation Commission.