Towson University, Maryland’s leader in teacher education, offers an innovative, field intensive program for undergraduates in secondary science and mathematics education.
The program offers students:
- concentrations in mathematics, biology, chemistry, earth-space science, and physics
- streamlined teaching degree plans that allow you to complete both a bachelor’s degree and all coursework for teacher certification (grades 7-12) in Maryland in four years
- the opportunity to start teaching math or science in local schools during your first semester
- placements in elementary, middle and high schools, culminating in a rich, vertical perspective
- supportive faculty recognized as accomplished teachers and researchers
- scholarships and financial aid
Our students talk about the advantages of Towson’s UTeach program in this short video.
Advising for Prospective Students
To learn more about the program and how to become certified to teach mathematics or science (grades 7-12), please make an appointment with either Towson UTeach Co-Director: Christine Roland, a Towson UTeach Master Teacher (410-704-3450; firstname.lastname@example.org) or Linda Cooper (410-704-3817; email@example.com)