Jess & Mildred Fisher College of Science & Mathematics

Faculty Travel

The Fisher College of Science and Mathematics has some funds to help support professional travel for full-time faculty. Requests for travel funds from the Dean's Office now will be received on a rolling basis throughout the fiscal year. Funding is available for one meeting during the fiscal year for up to $900.

Important: Towson University travelers are required to submit a properly approved Travel Authorization Request Form prior to departure. The submission of this form is required to allocate funds for travel and to address potential liability issues. Failure to complete and submit this form prior to your departure may result in your travel not being funded.

All travel forms – Travel Authorization e-Form and Travel Expense Voucher e-Form – are now submitted electronically. The starting point is: You will need to login to this site (which is part of PeopleSoft Financials). Below are links to helpful sites and documents:

If you started your Travel Authorization prior to March 9, 2015 as a paper form.

Then you will need to complete the Travel Expense Voucher as a paper form. You will be required to submit a Travel Expense Voucher complete with original receipts within 10 days of return from the trip.
Additional Instructions:
  • Within 10 business days of your return please complete the Travel Expense Voucher and submit with supporting documentation (this only needs to come to the Dean's office if FCSM funds were awarded). If not submitted to the Dean's Office by that time, funds will be used to support other faculty travel.
  • Complete Section I of the form. Note that if you paid for your Airfare and/or baggage fees with your Diners Club Card, this amount does not get entered in Section II. (Hotels and Registration Fees charged on your Diners Club Card do get entered in Section II.) Also any charges made on the VISA Procurement Card or paid by an Accounts Payable Invoice do not get entered in Section II.
  • Complete Section II. Hotel room charges should be listed on a daily basis. Any Fare and Registration costs are usually entered on the first day of your travel.
  • If you used you personal car for any part of the travel, complete Section III. Include a Mapquest or similar output showing the mileage of your travel.
  • Sign and date the form in Section V.
  • Be sure to include the "Traveler's Copy" of your Travel Authorization Request Form.
  • Have of the offices/departments/grants that are funding your travel sign in the "Approved by" area of Section V and also have them complete Section VII.
  • After the Dean's Office "approves," the Travel Expense Voucher will be returned to the departmental administrative assistant for further processing.
  • Note: you may want to save an electronic copy of this from in the event that modifications need to be made.

If for any reason your travel expenses are more than the amount on your Travel Authorization Form, and if the funding sources agree to fund some or all of the additional expense, you will need to file a Travel Authorization Addendum Form.

For help in determining per diem allowances for domestic travel go to

For help in determining per diem allowances for international travel go to

For help in converting foreign currency to US dollars, go to

The Jess and Mildred Fisher
College of Science and Mathematics
Smith Hall, Room 312 (campus map)
Phone: 410-704-2121
Fax: 410-704-2604



University Police

Closings & News
410-704-NEWS (6397)

Text Alerts
Sign up now