department of family studies and community development

Declaring the Family and Human Services Major

Students who wish to declare family and human services as their major must follow department procedures as well as general university procedures. Students may request an Interest Meeting to explore specific questions prior to declaring the major by either calling the family studies office at 410.704.5851 or coming into the office in the College of Liberal Arts Building, Suite 2210.

Department Procedures

When the Office of the Registrar notifies the department of your declared new major, you will receive an email welcome package from the department with your assigned academic adviser's contact information, plus instructions and forms to complete prior to your first advising appointment. At your first appointment, you will begin to develop a working course plan. This is an important tool to be used in conjunction with your PeopleSoft Academic Requirements Report to help you monitor your progress toward earning a degree.

University Procedures
Following the completion of department procedures, students must complete university procedures. University change of major procedures are managed by the Office of the Registrar. Please follow the instructions found on their website

Department of Family Studies and Community Development
College of Liberal Arts Building, Suite 2210
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Phone: 410-704-5851
Fax: 410-704-3612




University Police

Closings & News
410-704-NEWS (6397)

Text Alerts
Sign up now