Each year, the Gerontology Program Faculty select one undergraduate and one graduate student to receive the The Gerontology Program Student Award for outstanding achievement based on the following criteria:
1. growth and understanding of the professional role,
2. leadership within the department in classes and undergraduate activities,
3. exemplification of ideals of a professional in the field of study,
4. adherence to ethical principles in the practice of the profession, and
5. demonstration of a spirit of civility and cooperative learning
Undergraduate student Alysa Davis and
Graduate student Chinedu Nkwopara
were chosen to receive the Gerontology Award for the Spring 2013 term.
Delta Rho is the local chapter at Towson University of the national academic honor and professional society in gerontology, Sigma Phi Omega .
The honor society was established in 1980 in order to recognize excellence of those who study gerontology and the outstanding service of professionals who work with, or on behalf of, older adults.
Congratulations to the following students who were inducted into the Delta Rho Honor Society for 2013:
Gerontology Program - Office of Collaborative Programs
Linthicum Hall, Room 121
Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Jamie Cooney was honored with the Undergraduate Award in Gerontology in Spring '11.