Banner Text

Department of History

History Major

Forms and Procedures

"The School of Athens." By Raphael, 1510-1511.

"The School of Athens." By Raphael, 1510-1511. Fresco in in the Apostolic Palace in the Vatican.


Why use it

Where to get it


Change Major/Minor


To Declare a Major or Minor

To change major or minor

To switch into (or out of) the History-Secondary Education program

Office of the Registrar: Change of Major/Minor Form

allow 72 hours for processing

Add a Class A professor has agreed to let you into a class No form needed. Your professor will need your name, email address, and TU student ID number. Once your professor has authorized you to register, you will need to go online and register formally.

Change of Schedule Form (Add/Drop)

To drop/withdraw from a class (see here for details)

To take a class pass/D/fail (see here for details

Office of the Registrar: Change of Schedule Form

drop: after the Change of Schedule period, but before the Withdrawal Deadline = grade of “W”

Departmental Consent to Register for a Course

The course you want requires a permission or seat code to register

For HIST 300, contact the departmental secretary

For other courses, contact the professor of the course


Get a Hold Removed from Your Account

You find that you can’t register online because of a “hold”

Contact your advisor

Office of the Registrar: Hold FAQ


Transfer Petition Form

You took history courses at another college or university, or you took AP history courses in high school

Transfer Petition Form, available through the Office of the Registrar.

See here for details about how many credits can be transferred, what AP scores are accepted, etc.

History Major Checklist

Make sure you are taking the courses you need to complete your Major

The History Department Office, or download the form here

Other Useful Forms and Procedures



Why use it

Where to get it


Change of Grade Form

Get a grade changed because you’ve finished an incomplete, your prof. made a mistake, etc.

Only faculty handle the change of grade form

If you think there is a problem, contact your professor to discuss it

Faculty can change your grade only for one year after the course

After one year has passed you will need to petition the Academic Standards Committee and present verifiable medical evidence.

Graduation Form

You plan to graduate at the end of the semester.

Office of the Registrar

Early January for Spring graduation.

Mid-August for Fall graduation.

Early July for summer graduation.

Incomplete Grade Agreement Form

Your professor has agreed to give you an incomplete but you want to get it in writing.

Office of the Registrar


Petition to Change Original Transfer Credit Evaluation

History courses you took other schools transferred as generic credits and need to be changed to history major credits.

A course you transferred to TU as one course actually more closely matches a different TU course.

Admissions Office: Petition to Change Original Transfer Credit Evaluation


Study Abroad Equivalency

Request TU credit for courses you plan to take while studying abroad.

Study Abroad Office: Course Equivalency Request Template

It is best to take care of this before you go abroad so you will know, before you leave, how (and whether!) your courses will count.

Third Attempt of a Course Petition

Office of the Registrar: Third Attempt Form


Waitlist FAQ

You want to get into a class that is already full

Office of the Registrar: Waitlist FAQ


Department of History
Liberal Arts Building, Room 4210 F (map)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Phone: 410-704-2923
Fax: 410-704-5595





University Police

Closings & News
410-704-NEWS (6397)

Text Alerts
Sign up now