Banner Text

Department of History

History-Secondary Education


"Mental Calculation." By Nikolai Petrovitch Bogdanov-Belsky, 1895

"Mental Calculation." By Nikolai Petrovitch Bogdanov-Belsky, 1895. The State Tretyakov Gallery, Moscow.



Why use it

Where to get it


Change Major/Minor


To declare a major or Minor

To change major or minor

To switch into (or out of) the History-Secondary Education program

Office of the Registrar: Change of Major/Minor Form

Allow 72 hours for processing

Change of Schedule Form (Add/Drop)

To drop/withdraw from a class

to take a class pass/D/fail

Office of the Registrar: Change of Schedule Form

Drop: after the Change of Schedule period, but before the Withdrawal Deadline = grade of “W”


Departmental Consent to Register for a Course

The course you want requires a permission or seat code to register

For HIST 300, contact the departmental secretary

For other courses, contact the professor of the course


Get a Hold Removed from Your Account

You find that you can’t register online because of a “hold”

Contact your advisor

Office of the Registrar: Hold FAQ


Transfer Petition

To get TU credit for classes you took at another institution

Office of the Registrar: Transfer Petition Form


Other Useful Forms and Procedures 


Why use it

Where to get it


Change of Grade Form

Get a grade changed because you’ve finished an incomplete, your prof. made a mistake, etc.


Only faculty handle the change of grade form

If you think there is a problem, contact your professor to discuss it.

Faculty can change your grade only for one year after the course

After one year, you will need to petition the Academic Standards Committee and present verifiable medical evidence.

Graduation Form

Your plan to graduate at the end of the semester

Office of the Registrar: see here for details

Early January for Spring graduation

Mid-August for Fall graduation

Early July for summer graduation

Incomplete Grade Agreement Form

Your professor has agreed to give you an incomplete but you want to get it in writing

Office of the Registrar


Petition to Change Original Transfer Credit Evaluation

History courses you took other schools transferred as generic credits and need to be changed to history major credits

A course you transferred to TU as one course actually more closely matches a different TU course.

Admissions Office: Petition to Change Original Transfer Credit Evaluation


Study Abroad Equivalency

Request TU credit for courses you plan to take while studying abroad

Study Abroad Office: Course Equivalency Request Template

It is best to take care of this before you go abroad so you will know, before you leave, how (and whether!) your courses will count

Third Attempt of a Course Petition


Office of the Registrar: Third Attempt Form



Waitlist FAQ

You want to get into a class that is already full

Office of the Registrar: Waitlist FAQ



Department of History
Liberal Arts Building, Room 4210 F (map)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Phone: 410-704-2923
Fax: 410-704-5595






University Police

Closings & News
410-704-NEWS (6397)

Text Alerts
Sign up now