International Programs

International Student & Scholar Office

Staying Here Legally

F-1 (Foreign Student Visa) Classification

J-1 Classification

Information from the U.S. Government

  • Case Status Service Online
    Use this site to determine the processing status of an application filed with one of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regional Service Centers.

  • All the Embassies of Washington, D.C.
    This site has the contact information for all the foreign embassies located in Washington , D.C. Depending on the embassy's web site, you may be able to determine other immigration and tourist information for some countries.

  • Links to United States Embassies and Consulates Worldwide
    Go to the web site of the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in a particular country to find out the hours of operation, procedures for obtaining or renewing your F-1 visa and typical processing times.

  • Department of State Services
    You can obtain general information regarding visas, passports and travel outside the United States. Caution: It may be more difficult to obtain a visa in a country other than your home country. Contact the ISSO for further advice on applying for a visa in a country other than your home country.

  • U.S. Visa Information
    This site is the official source of information about U.S. visa policy and procedures.

  • Immigration Information for Visiting Canada
    This site includes Canadian visa requirements for people wanting to visit Canada and has a downloadable application for the visitor visa.

International Student & Scholar Office
Psychology Building, Suite 408
8000 York Road
Towson, MD 21252

Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM

Phone: 1-410-704-2421
Fax: 1-410-704-6040





University Police

Closings & News
410-704-NEWS (6397)

Text Alerts
Sign up now