The Workshop will cover:
· The biological basis of social emotional intelligence.
· The distinction between emotional intelligence (which involves self-awareness and selfmanagement) and social intelligence (which involves social awareness and relationship
· Why social emotional intelligence matters— the difference it makes to educators, health care providers, counselors, leaders, supervisors and those in business enterprises.
· Your personal SEI assessment.
· Practices to improve one’s social emotional
Workshop Learning Objectives:
After attending the workshop on social emotional
intelligence you will:
· Understand what social emotional intelligence is in all its dimensions and complexity.
· Understand how social emotional intelligence can make a difference in your organization and in your life.
· Possess a repertoire of practices that will improve your self-awareness and self management.
Professor Karen Dugger, Ph.D. Sociology, and
Director of the Institute for Teaching and Research
on Women will conduct the workshop.