What is KDP?
We are a group of undergraduate and graduate students who promote our organization's mission to foster excellence in education and promote fellowship among those dedicated to teaching. Although a formal invitation to join KDP is offered only to those who meet high academic standards upon officially entering their education program at Towson University (typically during sophomore, junior or senior year), you do not need to be a member to participate in our organization! We are looking for pre-education and education majors who would like to begin learning and growing with KDP. This is a wonderful opportunity for all teacher education students!
Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society in Education, is dedicated to scholarship and excellence in education. The Society is a community of scholars dedicated to worthy ideals:
- Recognizes scholarship and excellence in education;
- Promotes the development and dissemination of worthy educational ideals and practices;
- Enhances the continuous growth and leadership of its diverse membership;
- Fosters inquiry and reflection on significant educational issues; and
- Maintains a high degree of professional fellowship.
So to TEACH that our words inspire a will to learn;
So to SERVE that each day may enhance the growth of exploring minds;
So to LIVE that we may guide young and old to know the truth and love the right.