• Ph.D.: Florida State University
• M.A.: Indiana State University
• B.S.: Dongguk University, Seoul, Korea.
• KNES 333 Sport Management
• KNES 353 Sport and Society
• KNES 452 Sport Marketing
• KNES 457 Sport and Media
Research and Professional Interests
• Dr. Han’s research interest areas include Sport Volunteerism, Sport Fan Behaviors, Leadership and Commitment of Athletic Coaches and Players, and Sociological Issues in Sport. Dr. Han has published his research in various peer-reviewed journals and has also made many research presentations at professional conferences, such as NASSM, AAHPERD, NASSS, NIRSA, FAHPERD, and ICSEB.
• Research in Progress
Han, K. The rule of organizational commitment related four bases on job
satisfaction and turnover intention: A case study in intercollegiate coaches.
Han, K. Multidimensionality of commitment of sport volunteers.
Han, K., & Nguyen, S. Marketing strategies to recruit volunteers in LPGA: An
investigation of motivational factors of paid and nonpaid volunteers.
Hank, K., Dotterweich, A. R., & Davis, J. Service quality in collegiate track
Martinco, M. J., & Han, K. The dynamics of the relationships between managers
and employees in the workplace.
Summers, J., Humphrey, S., & Han, K. Leadership, teamwork and organizational effectiveness:
Cultural differences between America and Korea.
Lee, S., & Han, K. (in review). Understanding Soccer Team Supporters’ Behavior and Culture
in a Globalized Society from Social Learning Theory. Asia Journal of Global Studies.
Ha, J., Han, K., & Cho, S. (in review). An examination of the relationship between
strength-related attitude properties and psychological commitment to a sports team. International Journal of Sports Marketing & Sponsorship.
Han, K., & Nguyen, S. (2008). A comparison of the motivations of American and
Japanese volunteers in LPGA tournament events. The International Journal of Volunteer Administration, 25(3), 39-49.
Han, K., & Strigas, A. (2008). A preliminary analysis of the motivation to volunteer at
sporting events among college students. Journal for the Liberal Arts and Sciences, 12(2), 40-50.
Quarterman, J., Jackson, E., Kim, K., Yoo, E., Koo, K., Pruegger, B., & Han, K. (2006). Statistical data analysis techniques employed in the Journal of Sport Management: January 1987 to October 2004. International Journal of Sport Management, 7(1), 13-30.
Dr. Han is an active member of North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM) and National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA). Dr. Han also has served as a research abstract reviewer for the 2010 NASSM conference.