If you’re ready to apply to Towson University as a graduate student, you’ll need to complete the following steps to submit your application.
1. Apply for graduate admission to Towson University using Towson’s online application. Be sure to write your foreign address. If you are currently in the United States, include your U.S. address as well.
2. Pay your application fee. A $45 non-deferrable, non-refundable fee is required with your application. If you apply online, you can pay the application fee with a credit card or electronic check. An application fee waiver may be available
3. Submit a copy of your passport.
A copy of your passport photo ID that bears your complete legal name must be submitted.
1. Submit an evaluation of academic records (credential evaluation) from WES, AACRAO or ASCISS. Please request a course-by-course evaluation including a grade point average (GPA) and have an official copy sent directly to University Admissions.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) : A minimum overall score of 6.5 is required, with a minimum of 6.5 in each section, except where noted.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): A minimum overall score of 80 iBT (Internet- based) with a minimum of 20 in each section or 550 (paper-based testing) except where noted. Towson University's institution code for TOEFL is 5404.
3. Confirm any additional requirements specific to your graduate program.
Submit all required forms to:
University Admissions, Attn: Graduate Admissions
8000 York Road
Towson, MD 21252-0001
If you require sponsorship from Towson University as an F-1 student, you must also submit the following documents. International students provide this documentation in order to receive a Towson University Form I-20.
- Copy of immigration documents: biographical page of passport, visa, I-94, and any other relevant immigration documents (i.e., current I-20 or DS-2019, etc.).
- Original financial statements that document funds for at least one year of tuition, fees and living expenses. Information about estimated expenses and financial aid is available from the International Student and Scholar Office.
If another person or agency will be sponsoring you, a Statement of Willingness (PDF) must be included along with the original financial statements.
- If you are transferring your F-1 record from another U.S. institution, you must also submit Towson University’s Transfer Eligibility Certificate.
- If you will be bringing your dependent(s), your financial documents must include dependent expenses. You must also submit the following documentation:
- Request for Family Member Visa Certificate
- Copy of dependent passport(s)
Submit required documents to:
International Student & Scholar Office
8000 York Road
Towson, MD 21252-0001
Timeline for Admission Processing
In addition to program-specific deadlines, we encourage applicants to adhere to the proposed deadlines below. This additional time is necessary to complete the application process and to accommodate the additional paperwork needed prior to registration.
|Item||For Whom||Semester||Due Date|
|Application and Admission Documents||Students residing outside the United States||Fall||April 1|
|Students residing in the United States||Fall||June 1|
If you have questions about immigration requirements, please contact the International Student and Scholar Office (ISSO) at 410-704-2421, or visit them at 7720 York Road, Administration Building, room 246, Towson, MD 21252.
For more information about international graduate admissions, please call 410-704-2113 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The International Student and Scholar Office provides support for students from across the globe.