The TU Admissions Office awards a limited number of merit-based scholarships to freshman and transfer students who have demonstrated excellence in academics. To be eligible for these scholarships, you must submit your Application for Admission by Dec.
15. No additional application form is required. Scholarship recipients are notified on or around March 1.
The following list of merit-based scholarships includes the minimum qualifications required for consideration. Scholarships are awarded to students with the best qualifications.
||Requirement and Other Information
- 3.0+ GPA
- Must apply directly from a Baltimore City Public School
- Designation as a Commonwealth or Commonwealth Plus Student
|Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Scholarship
- Community college transfers
- 3.5+ college GPA and 56+ units by time of transfer
- Member of Phi Theta Kappa
- For freshmen: 3.6 GPA, 1800+ SAT
- For community college transfers: 3.50 GPA and 56+ transferable credits
|Top 10% Scholars Program
- Baltimore City and Baltimore County public school students in the top 10 percent of their class at the end of their junior year
- Completion of college prep curriculum in the same high school for four years
- Interested students must obtain a Towson University Application for Admission and a Top 10% Scholar Certification Form from their high school guidance counselors.
- Deadline: December 1 for fall freshman class
- Applicants must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) but do not have to demonstrate financial need.
- Recipients receive renewable scholarships and opportunities for special services.