Follow these instructions to prepare your proposal for a small projects award.
• The proposal should not exceed two pages in length.
• Double-spaced with one-inch margins.
• Font: Times New Roman, 12 pt.
The proposal MUST consist of the following components:
Cover Page (link) All aspects of the cover page must be filled in for your application to be considered.
Introduction: Explain the goals of the project concisely.
Describe the approach to be taken.
Include an explanation of how the funds are to be spent.
Include itemized budget statement of the type and amount of support needed (types and approximate costs of supplies, travel, fees etc.).
Maximum project award is $100.00.
Project Time Line:
Clearly state the period of the proposed project.
Group Projects :To be eligible for funding a proposal submitted by a group of undergraduate students must satisfy one of the following requirements:
1. The proposal must demonstrate that each member of the group is responsible for one unique facet of a larger multi-dimensional research project.
2. The proposal must clearly demonstrate that each member of the group will contribute equally to the project.
The proposal MUST be accompanied by a letter from the faculty mentor supporting the project.
The Undergraduate Research Committee will meet to discuss small projects awards approximately one week after the deadline. Each applicant will be informed electronically of the Committee's decision regarding their proposal within the following week. Funds must be spent down no later than Monday, June 15, 2015.
Please submit an electronic version of your proposal, (including cover page and letter of support) as a single PDF document to UndergradResearch@towson.edu.
Applications which are not sent as a single PDF document will not be considered.
Office of Undergraduate Research
Honors College - Stephens Hall, Suite 300A