The committee will consider the requests for travel support for students who are traveling to present the results of their scholarly projects in a professional arena.
Use of Travel Grant Funds
Funds may be used to pay for transportation, lodging, and per-diem expenses in accordance with Towson University business travel procedures.
• Students applying for travel funds for meetings occurring during the fall semester may apply for funding 1-4 months prior to the departure date. Applications requesting funding outside of this time frame will also be considered on a case by case basis.
• Please submit all travel authorization forms and travel expense vouchers through your own department.
If the Proposal Is Approved
• Grant funds will be transferred to the mentor’s home department shortly after a decision is made. The students should follow the established university procedures to spend the money.
• For approved travel expenses, students will need to spend their own money during the travel, and then apply for reimbursement. For out-of-state travel and for in-state travel that involves overnight stays, there are two forms that have to be filled out: the Travel Authorization Form (it needs to be filed 20 days before the trip, a separate form is needed for each traveler) and the Travel Expense Voucher (that should be filed no later than 5 days after the trip). See the Forms Directory. For in-state day trips, only the Travel Expense Voucher is needed. The forms and instructions are available from Financial Services.
• All students who receive travel grants must submit their work for presentation at the Annual Towson University Student Research and Scholarship Expo in the Spring and present that work if their abstract is accepted.
• Students must complete their final reports the week prior to the start of final exams. This one page written summary describing the results of the project may include photos and other media. This documentation must be submitted to UndergradResearch@towson.edu. This requirement may also be satisfied by submitting an electronic version of the presentation that will be disseminated at the annual Student Research and Scholarship Expo.