Please submit an electronic version of your proposal, (including cover page and letter of support) as a single PDF document to email@example.com.
Please note that research grant applications must be received electronically by the TOUR office by 5 p.m.
Applications which are not sent as a single PDF document will not be considered.
The proposal MUST be accompanied by a letter from the faculty mentor supporting the research.
Travel Grant Proposals
An important aspect of the professional life of a scholar is the presentation of results in a professional arena. In recognition of this, funds may be sought from the Towson Undergraduate Research Committee to attend a professional meeting at which the student will be the primary presenter of an oral seminar or a research poster.
Follow these instructions to prepare your proposal for a travel grant.
The proposal must consist of the following components
• Cover page (link) All aspects of the cover page must be filled in for your
application to be considered.
• Title, location, and dates of meeting.
• The project/presentation title.
• An abstract of the work written in clear non-technical language.
• Documentation that the work has been accepted for presentation or statement that the student and mentor agree any award will be withdrawn if the presentation is not accepted.
• Meeting program, brochure, or other documentation.
• A concise explanation of the student’s career goals and how this opportunity will further help the student attain those goals.
• A detailed budget including the meeting dates, registration fees, housing, and travel expenses.
• If the budget required to complete the project as proposed exceeds $500.00, you must indicate how the remaining funds will be obtained. If this information is not given, the application will be considered incomplete and not eligible for funding.
Faculty support letter
The proposal MUST be accompanied by a
letter from the faculty mentor supporting the research
TU Office of Undergraduate Research
Provost's Office- Administration Building, Suite 311
Hours: Mondays and Wednesdays 11:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.