An important aspect of the professional life of a scholar is the presentation of results in a professional arena. In recognition of this, funds may be sought from the Towson Undergraduate Research Committee to attend a professional meeting at which the student will be the primary presenter of an oral seminar or a research poster.
Follow these instructions to prepare your proposal for a travel grant.
The proposal must consist of the following components
• An abstract of the work written in clear non-technical language.
• Documentation that the work has been accepted for presentation or statement that the student and mentor agree any award will be withdrawn if the presentation is not accepted.
• Meeting program, brochure, or other documentation.
• A concise explanation of the student’s career goals and how this opportunity will further help the student attain those goals.
• A detailed budget including the meeting dates, registration fees, housing, and travel expenses.
• If the budget required to complete the project as proposed exceeds $500.00, you must indicate how the remaining funds will be obtained. If this information is not given, the application will be considered incomplete and not eligible for funding.
The proposal MUST be accompanied by a letter from the faculty mentor supporting the research.
The Undergraduate Research Committee will meet to discuss travel grant proposals approximately one week after the deadline. Each applicant will be informed electronically of the Committee's decision regarding their proposal within the following week. Funds must be spent down no later than Wednesday, May 15, 2013.
Please submit an electronic version of your proposal, (including cover page and letter of support) as a single PDF document to UndergradResearch@towson.edu.