2. The Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity will notify the Search Chair that the vacancy announcement has been approved, with or without edits. The Search Chair will receive a letter identifying any under representation, a copy of Hiring Procedures, and 40 applicant data cards.
3. The Search Chair should forward the composition of Search Committee members (name, race, gender) to the Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity.
4. Placement of Ads: The Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity will post position on WWW (national search). Academic Affairs will post the position in the Chronicle of Higher Education (see Academic Affairs Faculty Appointment Procedures for additional information). The academic department is responsible for posting position in any other sources that may be utilized.
5. Two or more outreach efforts, to reach qualified minorities and females, are required and should be documented and reported to the Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity. Please see Towson University's Targeted Outreach Resources Guide for outreach resources. Additionally, the Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity has developed an Outreach Guide for Faculty Recruitment. Please contact the Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity to obtain a copy of the guide.
6. General Demographic Data: We are utilizing an online system of gathering applicant data for affirmative action reporting purposes. As has been done in the past, it would be appreciated if you would acknowledge the receipt of applications with a letter to each applicant. Please include the instructions found below within the text of the letter. Note that you will need to fill in the search number for your particular search.
Text to be included in the applicant’s acknowledgement letter:
Please be sure to visit http://www.towson.edu/odeo/applicantdata.asp to complete a
voluntary online applicant data form. The information you provide will inform the university's affirmative action plan and is for statistical purposes only and shall not be used to illegally discriminate for or against anyone. Please note that the search number for which you have applied is (insert faculty search number).
7. The Search Chair should complete an Interview Pool Approval Form in order to request approval of the interview pool. Interview pool approval form and copies of CVs should be forwarded to the Dean for review/approval. The Dean will forward the request to the Office of the Provost and, following review, the Office of the Provost will forward the interview pool approval form to the Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity for final approval.
8. The Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity must be notified when the search has been completed.
9. The Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity will e-mail the Search Chair a Search and Hire Report Form and a spreadsheet containing demographic information from applicants who completed the voluntary on-line applicant data form. The information on the Search and Hire Report Form and the disposition codes on the applicant data spreadsheet should be completed and returned within two weeks of receipt. This information is necessary to ensure institutional compliance with federal reporting regulations.
10. The entire search file, including committee members' notes, should be boxed, labeled, and delivered to the Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity (AD 206) for file maintenance.
Please note that information related to candidate lodging and the procedures for requesting meal tickets reimbursement of candidate expenses is available at Academic Affairs/Decision & Support Services. For additional information, please visit: