College of Health Professions

Department of Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science

Student Handbook 2011-2012

II. Combined BS/MS Degree Program Information

B. Credit for Previous Courses 

Students seeking credit for prior learning or transferring credits to Towson University must follow approved policies and procedures listed in their Towson University Undergraduate Catalog, based on their year of admission. All transfer credits and credit for prior learning must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar to be evaluated for transfer of credits. Decisions regarding general education requirements/core curriculum, occupational therapy program pre-requisites, and courses not included in the OCTH hegis (e.g., Basic Statistics) will be made by the Office of the Registrar.

Coursework must be accepted by the Registrar as acceptable for transfer before approval to transfer as an occupational therapy major requirement will be considered. Students seeking to transfer courses that may be equivalent to Towson University courses included in the OCTH hegis must also seek approval from the Department of Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science, in order to ensure fulfillment of graduation requirements, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education standards, and content knowledge and skills necessary for the practice of occupational therapy.

1. Students must submit the following items for each course that relates to occupational
therapy coursework to the program director of the Combined BS/MS program in occupational therapy:
a. letter of request
b. course descriptions
c. syllabi
2. The program director will review the course content and assignments to determine if
learning objectives in courses in Towson University’s OCTH courses have been
achieved, soliciting feedback from appropriate faculty as needed. If necessary,
assignments or additional information will be requested of the student.
3. Decisions regarding exemption from Towson University OCTH coursework will be made
by the program director and will be issued to the student in a formal letter, with a copy
stored in the student’s file.
4. It is the responsibility of the program director to notify the Registrar and graduation
office of any approved changes through the University Course Exception Request Form, which is submitted electronically. A copy of this form must be stored in the student’s file.




University Police

Closings & News
410-704-NEWS (6397)

Text Alerts
Sign up now