Directions: Correct any of these errors in the following sentences: fragments, comma splices, subject-verb agreement, pronoun-antecedent agreement, faulty pronoun reference or case, apostrophe misuse, comma misuse, dangling modifiers, misplaced modifiers, or non-parallel structure.
1. Feeling tired from the long trip the man decided to stop driving and take a quick nap.
2. Since I like to eat fresh spinach out of our garden.
3. Santa Claus has a big belly, white hair, and he wears a red cap.
4. Anyone who wants to see their grade should send a request by e-mail
5. There is a swing in my backyard attached to a tree.
6. I tried to explain the situation to Jerry during history class. This annoyed our professor.
7. The girls smiles looked beautiful after the braces were removed.
8. Entering the cold, chilly room without any hesitation.
9. After adding three cups of ground chickpeas, the pot should be heated.
10. Because Laura and her sister always fight, she decided to move out of the house.
11. Its true that the small dog has a pink collar around its neck.
12. I want to go to the concert, however, I donít think that I have the money.
13. To read a novel is more interesting than watching a movie.
14. Jed and Marie went downtown to shop for clothes to eat at a restaurant and to see a play.
15. The basketball team is having their best season this year.
16. The results of the survey on the political atmosphere in this country is frightening.
17. The instructor said that she expected us to do well on the exam during her lecture.
18. Just between you and I, this party is not much fun.
19. Trying to get a tan, the seagulls annoyed the girl on the beach.
20. A big bag of gold coins are hidden behind the sofa in the cabin.
21. My sister is better than me at learning foreign languages.
22. Sheila gave great advice to Tom, he could not thank her enough.