Major Comma Uses - Exercise 3
Directions: Rewrite the below sentences on the given line, placing commas where commas are needed. If a sentence needs no comma, write "correct" in the text box. When you have completed the exercise, check your answers by clicking on the "Check My Work" button.
Then, read and follow the instructions listed on the answer page.
1. You must go immediately or you will not get a place in the class.
2. I am copying this recipe for I want to make this dish someday.
3. Harold fed the cats and walked the dog.
4. He will be elected tomorrow and he will be a good leader.
5. This class is exciting but it is hard.
6. No students stood in line so Mary walked straight to the registration table.
7. She is a woman of great courage and the town will honor her today.
8. The band and the cheerleaders gave the team plenty of support.
9. The coat was lovely yet it was not the coat she wanted.
10. John traveled to France and then to Spain.