Major Comma Uses - Exercise 4
Directions: Rewrite the below sentences on the given line, placing commas where commas are needed. If a sentence needs no comma, write "correct" in the text box. When you have completed the exercise, check your answers by clicking on the "Check My Work" button.
Then, read and follow the instructions listed on the answer page.
1. Because she did not consult her calendar Merrill missed her date.
2. I am copying this recipe for I want to make this dish someday.
3. To earn an “A” in Dr. Long’s course one must work very hard.
4. After many days at the mine the workers were tired and angry.
5. As though nothing had happened she sat down comfortably.
6. Unless fiscal policies are changed the country will face a depression.
7. To get to my house make a right hand turn.
8. Before the war and bloodshed in that country the people were happy.
9. When Harriet finished the book she gave it to Harry.
10. Harriet gave the book to Harry when she finished it.